Chiropractic Services Offered
Highland Chiropractic Family Care is a modern facility known for its range of Chiropractic techniques and other services. We treat patients of all ages, pregnant moms and new borns.
The goal of Highland Chiropractic Family Care is to provide the unique clinical service provided only by Chiropractors. Our objective is to correct vertebral subluxations of the spine to enhance bodily function. Vertebral subluxations interfere with the proper function of the spinal cord and the nerve system, thereby, reducing the function of the nervous systems ability to coordinate and control the functions of the body.
Gentle and specific
The techniques utilized at our office are specific chiropractic spinal adjustments. These adjustments are gentle forces that the body can utilize to allow the correction of spinal distortions (vertebral subluxations). When necessary specific analytical tools like x-ray is used to help in determining the best possible way to correct vertebral subluxations.
From a persons first visit, we will provide important information that will improve your well being and support your care in our office.
We also offer regular Wellness Orientaion Workshops. These classes provide important information about the body and those actions and activities that can improve your well being. Thers is no charge for these workshops.
Other Services - Supportive Therapies to Chiropractic
- On-Premise X-Ray Facility
- Dry Hydrotherapy Massage -
used at Highland Chiropractic Family Care is used to achieve all or some of the effects listed below. Research has shown massage, heat and whirlpool to have the following effects: 15 minutes set to patient tolerance level under supervision
Increased muscular range of motion for better flexibility
- Increased blood circulation for better homeostasis
- Decreased muscle tension for better movement
- Increased oxygen absorption in the blood stream for better energy
- Decreased inflammation and muscular toxins for better injury recovery
- Increased release of endorphins for better feeling of well-being
- Decreased blood pressure for better circulatory health and stress relief
- Decreased muscle guarding for better effectiveness of treatments
- Massage Therapy from a licenced massage therapist - 15 - 30 - 45 and 60 minute. Relieve your stress and aches with sweddish, deep tissue and so much more.
- Intersegmental Traction - The effects include stretching of muscles and ligaments, distraction of vertebrae, separation of facet joints, enlargement of the intervertebral foramen, and possibly an interruption of neural feedback mechanisms facilitated by intracapsular or shunt muscle proprioceptors.
- Cervical Traction Pump: We usea cervical traction pump device that helps restore the proper cervical curve by providing pressure graduating pressure controlled by the patient’s tolerance and also helping reduce muscle spasms and reducing anterior disc pressure. Another option is 5 lbs of cervical traction providing some axial traction while over a cervical foam roll. Both these devices are used while on the mechanical traction table if both the cervical and lumbar areas are injured and require treatment simultaneously.
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation - Interferential Stimulation (IFS) is a stimulation therapy characterized by the crossing or interconnecting of two independent electrical circuits producing medium-frequency currents. The electrical currents have the potential to control or manage pain, likewise in restoring damaged muscle and joint tissues. It is basically because of these reasons that Interferential Stimulation has been widely used particularly by physiotherapists as a therapeutic and physiological treatment. This type of care has also been used in all three phases of care with good benefits in preventing myofascial pain syndromes. These therapies are used in conjunction with cryotherapy or heat application depending on the stages of care, to decrease inflammation or increasing blood circulation and muscle spasms.
Ultrasound - As the ultrasound waves pass from the treatment head into the skin they cause the vibration of the surrounding tissues, particularly those that contain collagen. This increased vibration leads to the production of heat within the tissue. In most cases this cannot be felt by the patient themselves. This increase in temperature may cause an increase in the extensibility of structures such as ligaments, tendons, scar tissue and fibrous joint capsules. In addition, heating may also help to reduce pain andmuscle spasm and promote the healing process.
Rehabilitation - We are using Synergy Rehabilitation which allows the patient to progress through a routine of 3 programs graduating up in activity as the patient improves flexibility and then strength and stability. They will begin on series one to increase active range of motion, pain free. (They may continue at home if not problematic) Series 2 starts to increase muscle strength gently through the increased range of motion. Finally series 3 is to complete the process of strength and stabilization of the injured muscles. The program is to allow the patient to have full knowledge of his rehabilitation that he can continue for 9 -12 months of healing at home.
- Nutritional and Cleansing - remove toxins from your body and add superfoods and watch your body transform as new and healthier cells are made. (See Dr. Ian success) www.driansimpson.isagenix.com
- Foot Orthotics - Moulded specifically for you here in the office with many types of orthotics to suite your needs or work environment. www.footlevelers.com